Louisiana’s electric cooperatives have developed a plan for responding to emergencies such as ice storms, tornadoes and hurricanes. Here are some helpful resources:
- ALEC Emergency Work Plan Revised 4.30.2020
- Outage Reporting-Louisiana Public Service Commission
- iPhone Photo Guide
- Storm Restoration Vendors
Hurricanes Laura and Marco
- Emergency Declaration-Governor John Bel Edwards 8/21/2020
- President Trump Approves Federal Assistance
- FEMA Disaster Declaration
- FEMA Hurricane Laura Federal Disaster Declaration Map
- Louisiana Department of Transportation Emergency Order
Tropical Storm/Hurricane Sally
The ALEC Emergency Work Plan has been established to provide uniform procedures for the management of all Louisiana electric cooperatives when an emergency situation arises. When a cooperative suffers severe outages due to wind, rain, hurricane or ice storm and needs to request assistance, the management of that cooperative may refer to this plan. The objectives of this plan are as follows:
- To provide procedures that will expedite available assistance as needed.
- To provide a method to restore the cooperative system to its pre-disaster condition in an economical and efficient manner.
- To set recommended guidelines for safety and operational procedures during an emergency situation or disaster.
It also includes emergency contact information and a list of our current loss control committee.
The following forms are available for download to assist electric cooperatives with disaster response planning:
- Disaster Planning Checklist
- Manager’s Checklist For Requesting Assistance
- Emergency Organizational Assignments
Electric cooperatives that are in need of mutual aid assistance should complete the following form and submit it to ALEC: