- Introduction to Power Delivery-This section includes: The Importance of Electricity, History of Power Delivery, Types of Companies, Positions and Career Paths, and Key Agencies and Organizations.
- Safety 1-This section includes: Introduction to Safety, Personal Protective Equipment, Hazards, Safety Attitude, and Accident Review.
- Working in Elevated Positions-This section includes: Fall Protection, Wood Poles and Aerial Lifts, Steel Structures and Ladders, and Rescuing the Injured.
- Knots, Splices, and Rope-This section includes: Rope Types, Knots, Splices, and Slings, Chain, and Shackles.
- Electrical Systems-This section includes: Electrical Systems – An Overview, Generation, Transmission, Distribution, and Substations.
- First Aid-This section includes: Electrical Burns, Heat and Cold Illnesses, Stings and Bites, Sight and Hearing Injuries, and Elevated Position Rescue.
- Applied Mathematics-This section includes: Whole Numbers, Fractions, Decimals, and Percentages, Powers and Roots, Algebra and Geometry, and Trigonometry and Binary Systems.
- Basic Electrical Theory-This section includes: Atomic Structure, Magnetism and Static Electricity, Voltage and Amperage, Ohms and Watts, and Ohm’s Law.
- Transformer Basics-This section includes: Identification, Anatomy, Theory, Nameplates, and Transformer Installation.
- OSHA 1-This section includes: Subpart R, Introduction and Paragraphs: (a) and (b); Subpart R, Paragraph (c): Job Briefings; Subpart R, Paragraph (g): Personal Protective Equipment; Subpart R, Paragraphs (i) and (k): Hand and Portable Power Tools and Materials Handling and Storage; and Subpart R, Paragraph (n): Personal Protective Grounding.
- Safety 2-This section includes: Safety Meetings, Poor Safety, Public Safety, Communications, and Accident Review.
- AC Fundamentals-This section includes: AC Generation, Series and Parallel Circuits, Inductance, Capacitance and Power Factor, and Three-Phase Power.
- Personal Protective Grounding-This section includes: General Information, Overhead Distribution, Underground Distribution, Transmission, and Substations.
- Live-Line Equipment and Methods-This section includes: Live-Line Work – An Overview, Live-Line Tools, Protective Equipment, Rubber Glove Methods, Hot Stick Methods, and Barehand Methods.
- Rigging-This section includes: Weights and Loads, Sling Angles, Tensions, Equipment, and Applications.
- Underground Conductors-This section includes: Conductor Types and Specifications, Substructure and Cable Installation, Pulling Underground Cables, Splicing, Terminating, and Marking, and Transmission and Underwater Installations.
- Overhead Conductors-This section includes: Conductor Basics, Conductor Types, Conductor Selection, Stringing and Sagging, and Splicing and Attaching.
- Electrical Test Equipment-This section includes: Low-Voltage Test Equipment, High-Voltage Test Equipment, Cable and Fault Locating Equipment, Substation Test Equipment, and Specialized Test Equipment.
- Introduction to Substations-This section includes: Substations – An Overview, Circuit Breakers and Disconnects, Transformers, Regulator/LTC, and Relays and Metering.
- OSHA 2-This section includes: Subpart R, Paragraph (h): Ladders and Platforms; Subpart R, Paragraph (j): Live-Line Tools; Subpart R, Paragraph (l): Working On (or near) Exposed Energized Parts; Subpart R, Paragraph (m): De-energizing Lines and Equipment for Employee Protection; and Subpart R, Paragraph (r): Line-Clearance Tree Trimming.
- Safety 3-This section includes: Job Briefing, Trench Safety, Electric and Magnetic Fields, Oil Spills, and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
- Special Elements 1-This section includes: Power Quality, Streetlights, Line Inspections, Helicopter Utilization, and Hydraulics.
- Metering-This section includes: Metering – An Overview, Self-Contained Meters, Transformer-Rated Metering, Automated Metering Systems, Testing Meters, and Smart Home.
- System Power Flow-This section includes: Power Flow Fundamentals, Transmission Power Flow, Distribution Power Flow, Customer Power Flow, and Power System Losses.
- Advanced Transformers-This section includes: Winding Designations, Three–Phase Connections, Fusing and Loading, Transformer Vectors, and Installation.
- Maps and Standards-This section includes: Mapping Basics, Distribution Mapping, Transmission Mapping, Substation Mapping, and Construction Standards.
- System Protection-This section includes: System Protection Fundamentals, Distribution System Protection, Distribution Substation Protection, Transmission Protection, and Reporting and Monitoring Service Reliability.
- NESC 1-This section includes: Applying the NESC, Inspection of Utility Facilities, Grounding, Electric Supply Stations and Equipment, Underground Lines, and Work Rules.
- NESC 2-This section includes: Overhead Lines and Equipment, Conductor Movement and Resulting Clearances, Clearances Between Crossing Lines and Parallel Lines, Clearances to Buildings and Other Installations, Clearances Between Wires, Conductors, and Cables, and Overhead Strengths and Loadings.
- OSHA 3-This section includes: Subpart R, Paragraph (e): Enclosed Spaces; Subpart R, Paragraph (f): Excavations; Subpart R, Paragraph (p): Mechanical Equipment; Subpart R, Paragraph (q): Overhead Lines; Subpart R, Paragraph (t): Underground Electrical Installations; Subpart R, Paragraph (u): Substations; and Subpart R, Paragraph (w): Special Conditions.
- Safety 4-This section includes: Blood Borne Pathogens, Ergonomics, Safety Audits, Equipment Safety, and Key Safety Considerations.
- Communication Systems-This section includes: Communications Basics, Communication Systems Utilized by Power Companies, Services Offered by Power Companies, Distribution Fiber Installations, and Transmission Fiber Installation.
- Special Elements 2-This section includes: Customer Relations, Corrosion, Flame Resistant Clothing, Security, and Disaster Restoration.
- Vegetation Management-This section includes: Vegetation Management – An Overview, Tools and Equipment, Vegetation Control, Pruning Methods, and Safety Standards.
- System Operation-This section includes: The System Operator, Clearing Lines and Equipment, Distribution Operation, Substation Operation, and Transmission Operation.
- System Automation-This section includes: Overview, Key Equipment, Substation Automation, Distribution Automation, and Automated Meter Reading.
- Overhead Line Design-This section includes: Line Routes, Structure Design, Insulation and Equipment, Transformers, Services, and Secondary, and Transmission.
- Underground Line Design-This section includes: Fundamental Design, Location and Trench Design, Substructure Design, Switches and Protective Equipment, and Transformers, Secondary, and Services.
- Trouble Investigation-This section includes: Communications, Investigating Customer Complaints, Transformer Trouble Investigation, Radio/TV Interference, and Case Studies.
- Crew Leadership-This section includes: Background, Resources, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities, Job Responsibilities, and Assisting the Crew Leader.
To register for this class, please contact Aarron Graham, Director of Loss Control.