Job Opening: Statewide Safety Coordinator
OBJECTIVE: Assist member Cooperatives in controlling losses to property, to employees, to the public or to the service provided to their member-consumers.
REPORTS TO: Director of Safety and Loss Control
POSITION DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Development and implementation of safety training topics and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and schedules the Louisiana Lineman Training Program.
- Provides services for member Cooperatives by conducting or assisting with training programs for Cooperative employees or members.
- Provides electrical and general safety information for Cooperatives’ safety meetings.
- Inspects member Cooperatives to identify hazards and regulation violations.
- Provides general loss control support services.
- Provides support for member Cooperatives seeking NRECA safety accreditation.
- Ensures that member Cooperatives meet the current compliance requirements and regulations including but not limited to OSHA, EPA, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and RESAP.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety and Loss Control and CEO.
- Minimum of 4 years experience performing technical work in the electric utility industry at the journeyman level.
- Travel to ALEC member cooperatives and out-of-state travel (approximately 75% of time).
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable presenting in front of people for various types of presentations and trainings.
- Capable of effective working relationships and communications with all levels, including tree trimmers, construction, service and maintenance, supervisors, safety coordinators, department heads, managers, and board members.
- Demonstrate initiative, self-motivation, and be able to work cooperatively with others.
- Preferred, but not required, First Aid, CPR, and Defensive Driving instructor certifications.
- Familiar with local, state, and federal safety regulations.
Salary: To commensurate with experience. Competitive benefits package to include 401(k) and Retirement Security Plan.
Email cover letter, resume and three references to Beama Pierce at email@example.com by May 19, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.