ALEC Office, Baton Rouge, LA
ALEC is proud to partner with the NRECA’s to bring (710.1) Stepping Into Your Supervisory Role: Learning to Lead!
- Understand your role and responsibilities as a supervisor
- Set expectations and goals for your team and its’ work to align with your co-op’s mission
- Learn the different types of leadership styles, which style you tend to use and when you should use each one.
- Recognize the personal behavioral patterns that impact your team (both positively and negatively) and steps you can take to minimize the negative behaviors
- Learn the three types of power and how to use them appropriately
- Model the behavior you expect from your team
- Create your personal development plan for making a successful transition from a staff member to supervisor
- Four mission-critical areas of electric cooperatives
- Supervisors’ role at the co-op and the challenges inherent in that role
- Four-step process for setting, monitoring and supporting expectations of team members
- Importance of trust and being trustworthy
- Three types of power
- Leadership styles
- Time management
- Personal career development plan
Drawn from the Electric Cooperative Employee Competencies, our new Leadership Skills Assessment was designed to help you understand which of NRECA’s supervisory, management and leadership courses and events may be most appropriate for you. Learn more.
A light breakfast will be provided at 8:30 a.m. Instruction will begin at 9:00 a.m. Lunch will also be provided. Instruction is scheduled to wrap up at 4:00 p.m.